Robin Stroot, chairwoman
1. Open Class exhibits may be entered ONLY on Monday, July 17, 2017,
from NOON to 8 p.m. in the Activities Center.
2. Tuesday, July 18, 2017, will be a judging day ONLY! NO exhibits will be accepted for entry
3. Exhibits, ribbons and premium money will be released on Monday, July 24, 2017, from 8
a.m. to 1 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. only.
4. No premium money will be given to an entrant if their entry(s) is not picked up on Monday,
July 24, 2017.
5. Those eligible to enter in Open Class are Adams County residents, Adams County Family
and Community Education club members and their immediate family.
6. Entry tags and premium lists are available at the Adams County Extension Office, from
Robin Stroot, Open Class General Chairperson or they will be available at the Registration desk
at the Fairgrounds on Entry Day.
7. Only one (1) entry per person may be made under EACH CLASS (except where noted in
8. All possible care will be exercised in the handling and display of all entries, but no responsibility
will be assumed for damage while on exhibit, in transit or through circumstances beyond
9. Any exhibit must be made or grown by the exhibitor.
10. Only one (1) entry will be allowed in "Other Class" per lot per exhibitor.
11. After receiving first place in Open Class, an article cannot compete again.
12. No previous years' 4-H exhibits may be entered in Open Class.
13. 4-H'ers may not enter current year's 4-H PROJECT AREAS (i.e. Food, in general;
Clothing, in general; Horticulture, in general, etc.) in Open Class.
14. There will be four age divisions in all sections.
Youth: Ages 5 to 11; Teens: 12 to 18 (youth & teen ages will be stated on the entry tag). Adult:
Ages 19 to 60. Senior: Ages 61 and up. (NOTE: Entries for the Fine Art category have different
15. All exhibits, whether ribbon winners or not, will remain for the duration of the fair.
16. There will be no displaying of “non-judged” items.
17. The ribbons possible are Purple, Blue, Red and White at the discretion of the judge. It is
possible a class will not have all the ribbon placements.
18. The judging will be done by qualified, impartial, professional judges.
19. Each division will have a "Best of Show" entry which receives a rosette ribbon and a
$10.00 special award. Each division that has an “Honorable Mention” will also receive a rosette
ribbon and a $5.00 special award. Exhibits must receive a Purple ribbon to be considered for
"Best of Show” or “Honorable Mention.”
20. Exhibits will be open for viewing at the Exhibit Hall on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturday from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and on Sunday from 1 p.m.to 7 p.m.
21. Woodworking Exhibits shall be entered in the appropriate Lot and will be assigned a class
number upon entry.